Friday 20 April 2007

Intro to 'zithers lutes and lyres.

This publication will be for the purpose of sharing my interest in crafting strange musical instruments, which for want of better descriptions I call variously "zither", "lute" or "lyre".

There might be a few ring-ins, as I've also made some simple-system flutes, and a hammered dulcimer.

I'm not an expert, just a backyard wood-butcher who has found, in my advancing years, a very interesting hobby.

If I sometimes wax philosophical as to why I do this, or the importance of not losing the skills that our ancestors used to make these interesting instruments, I apologise. You don't have to read all those boring bits.

I'll post some photos for you to look at instead.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Yay photos!

Everybody: this is not my fault. None of it. Nope. (Until we make a fortune on it, then it was all me.)